Saturday, February 10, 2007

Make Espresso at Home to Save Money

One of the best investments an espresso lover can make is to buy your own espresso machine. No, I'm not saying it's evil to buy a latte or espresso at Starbucks. My point here is simply to be aware of your personal "latte factor."

Yep, I'm a coffee lover myself. I enjoy a morning latte and even one in the evenings too sometimes. Buying these at a coffee shop would easily cost $3-4 each. That's easily +$90 a month on coffee.

Instead, I opted for an espresso machine. I actually got it through a rewards program, so the machine itself was free. Thus, all I pay for is coffee. Of course, I buy milk too, and I'm a fan of vanilla lattes, so I've got to buy vanilla syrup as well. But when all is said and done, I spend about $20 a month on coffee supplies, with most of that going for soy milk.

If you're looking to save some money on espresso, try making it yourself. You don't have to leave the house for coffee, and your wallet will thank you.

No comments: