Sunday, February 4, 2007

Find Your Student Loan Management Website

It's time to apply for a mortgage. What a big step. Don't get me wrong: we're excited about a house. However, there are tons of steps we have to accomplish first.

One of these tasks is to find out our total amount of debt. Since I'm still law school, my loans are in deferment. Thus, I don't know the actual balances right now (especially with accrued interest). What am I to do?

Fortunately, all three of my student loan servicing companies have great websites. I found these simply by googling the name of the servicing company. I then created an online account, and I was good to go.

What's the benefit? Now I can check my student loan balances online. I was able to calculate our total amount of student loan debt quite easily. Plus, when my loans enter repayment, I'll be able to manage all that as well.

Do your student loan servicers have websites? Do some searching and see.

No comments: