Saturday, March 3, 2007

Don't Overlook PayPal's Money Market Option

When you're trying to earn and save money, every little bit helps. That's why I signed up for the PayPal Money Market Fund.

If you have a PayPal account this option is a no-brainer. When you select this, your PayPal balance is automatically part of a money market account. Currently, the "7-day average yield" is at 5.04%. This is pretty good, in my opinion.

The best part of this is the ease of investing. Getting paid with PayPal is simple, and then every dollar in your account is automatically earning interest. Why wouldn't you sign up for this?

Seriously, if there's a downside, I haven't seen in. My account has been in the money market fund for a few months. I've only earned about 30 cents in interest, but that's free money.

No comments: